- Taylor Swift to the alt-right: Nazi popsters, fuck off.
- Piracy, The Better Choice™: streaming service fragmentation is stimulating BitTorrent traffic again.
- Visualising forty years of music sales — corrected for inflation.
- Another interesting wrinkle in the secret history of East German punk — the very top guy in the Stasi personally tried to figure out how to destroy punk.
- The secret history of dance music: the women of the Haçienda.
— Jake Rudh (@JakeRudh) October 7, 2018
- John Lydon interviewed about forty years of Public Image Limited.
- Dangerous Minds reviews Keychains and Snowstorms: The Soft Cell Story.
- I’ve finished moving house and have the Internet back on, and at last I can listen to review items on the Internet again! And perhaps write things! Oh God, the backlog …
- By the way — the joy of postpunk is having your daughter object to the same music your parents objected to. Last night’s example: “Red Mask” by Cabaret Voltaire, which I’d always thought of as pretty accessible and inoffensive. She’d kicked in objection to Wire whilst in the womb too.
Does anyone else find they are constantly being told to turn down their music by their children? I wouldn’t mind, but it’s precisely the same music I used to play and asked to turn down my parents. I left home so I could play this shit loud!
— Mattie (@doomedrider) September 16, 2018