- The change in music: scenes as they existed in Rhett Miller’s day (and mine too) don’t really exist in that sense any more. The dynamics of the industry they lived off the scraps of changing from beneath.
- And what an industry it is now! Spotify’s quest to turn everything into muzak.
- A new anti-piracy video depicts that MOST FEARSOME PIRATICAL DEVICE, a … Raspberry Pi, a tiny computer for kids and small applications.
- Music is where you mine it. A review of John Cale trotting out the Velvets in New York recently.
- The waveform on the cover of Unknown Pleasures is fifty years old.
- Poor neglected Rocknerd! It’s been flat-out here in Rocknerd Towers, with
ArkadyRose (courtesy a name change earlier today — in 2017, you can change your name online) being in and out of hospital for the past few days — just tests, everything turns out to be fine, but understandably taking a bit of attention.
- And the blockchain rubbish going nuts with Bitcoin going nuts. (I saved you from three more musical blockchain links, all of which were actually pitches for dodgy ICOs. The book‘s over 3000 sales. Good! Enjoy some hilariously disastrous cryptocurrency mining rigs.