- A nice Peter Saville article on how he’s responsible for 2018, not just the 1980s.
- The most dedicated torrent-addicted pirates turn out to pay for streaming services too.
- Who buys music any more? Bandcamp users, of course.
- And vinyl collectors, of course. I need to get that 400kg of vinyl onto Discogs. (In “things that will never happen.”)
- Did you know that medical journal Lancet Psychiatry ran a Mark E. Smith obituary? Well, now you do. “The three biggest risks for working class autodidacts are crankishness, bitterness, and feeling set apart from the culture you come from while not feeling comfortable as a matter of course in other, more educated circles; literally having a head too big for your surroundings. Smith made art and a career from all three.” The Fall fan site has a full list of obituaries.
- Kam Franklin: Everyone else can go fuck themselves, get out there and do your stuff. (This is not quite her wording, but it’s what it means.)
— Quincy Jones (@QuincyDJones) February 22, 2018
Correct translation: “I said what I said.”